A Prospective Study on Platelets Count and Serological Marker in Dengue Infection in a Tertiary Hospital
Background: Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne infection. As far as quantities of people tainted, it is by a long shot the most crushing of all the perceived arthropod-transmitted infection illnesses.
Methods: This study was conducted in Department of Pathology. A total of 82 serum samples from clinically suspected dengue patients attending outdoors, causality services and indoor patients were included in this study.
Results: In our study, 512 total samples were included in this study. 82 samples were positive, and 430 samples were negative out of 512 samples. In the present study, 54% were males and 46% were females. In this study showed relationship between Platelet count and other parameters.
Conclusions: Thrombocytopenia found in case of fever which is more constantly in dengue positive sooner than dengue negative cases. It correlates well when NS1 & IgM are found simultaneously.
2. Young PR, Hilditch PA, Bletchly C, Halloran W. An antigen capture enzyme linked immunosorbent assay reveals high levels of the dengue virus protein NS1 in the sera of infected patients. J Clin Microbiol 2000;38:1053 7.
3. World Health Organization. Dengue haemorrhagic fever: Diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control. 2 nd edition.Geneva, Switzerland: Chapter 2, Clinical Diagnosis, 1997. p. 12-23.
4. Datta S, Wattal C. Dengue NS1 antigen detection: A useful tool in early diagnosis of dengue virus infection. Indian JMed Microbiol 2010;28:107-10
5. World Health Organization. 1997. Dengue haemorrhagic fever: Diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control. 2nd edition. Geneva, Switzerland. Chapter 4, Laboratory Diagnosis.
6. Subedi D and Taylor-Robinson AW. Laboratory diagnosis of dengue infection: current techniques and future strategies. Open Journal of Clinical Diagnostics. 2014; 4: 63-70.
7. Guzmán MG, Kourí G. Dengue: An update. Lancet Infect Dis 2001;2:33 42.
8. Shrivastava A, Dash PK, Tripathi NK, Sahni AK, Gopalan N, Lakshmana Rao PV. Evaluation of a commercial dengue NS1 enzyme‑linked immunosorbent assay for early diagnosis of dengue infection. Indian J Med Microbiol 2011;29:51‑5.
9. Pei‑Yun S, Jyh‑Hsiung H. Current Advances in Dengue Diagnosis. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 2004;11:642‑50.
Copyright (c) 2020 Manoj Saxena
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.